The American Council on Education (ACE) evaluates competency-based courses offered by online education providers and makes recommendations for college credit. FIU accepts a limited number of these courses as transferable credit. Only the providers and courses listed below guarantee the transfer of credit unless otherwise approved in writing by the student’s academic advisor and Transfer and Transition Services.
Any student who meets the conditions below to “Earn Credit” can enroll, however, these courses are recommended for adult learners who need to satisfy any remaining FIU University Core Curriculum (UCC) requirements upon admission. Students can also review our Credit-By-Exam Tables for standardized testing options in CLEP, DSST, and Excelsior.
Earning Credit: Current FIU Students
- Before you enroll in a course, meet with your academic advisor to understand how the course may (or may not) satisfy degree requirements. For example, courses designated as “UCC1” or “UCC2” satisfy FIU UCC requirements, however, they may not satisfy prerequisite requirements.
- Ask your advisor to confirm his/her approval via Panther Success Network (PSN) or email.
- International students must secure all necessary approvals prior to enrollment (e.g., advisor, embassy, International Student and Scholar Services).
- Enroll in a course that includes a proctored final exam.
- The same course may also be offered for personal enrichment without a proctored final exam. To earn FIU credit, you must pass a proctored final exam.
- After you earn your final grade, send FIU two official transcripts:
- One from the online provider and one from ACE.