Operation Soldier to Student.
Military credits are reviewed and awarded using official transcripts and resources below:
- Joint Services Transcript (JST) American Council on Education (ACE) recommendations
- Community College of the Air Force (CCAF) transcript
- ACE Military Guide
- Statewide Credit or Clock Hour for Military Experience Equivalency List
- Discipline-faculty and subject-matter experts
Transfer and Transition Services reviews military credits as potential equivalents to courses that may satisfy FIU’s University Core Curriculum (UCC). Military credits are included in students’ personalized Transfer Credit Report under “Military Schooling.” Passing scores on the College Level Examination Program (CLEP), DANTES Subject Standardized Test (DSST), and Defense Language Proficient Test (DLPT) are taken from the JST and included under “Test Credits.”
Students who transfer to FIU with an AA degree from a Florida College System institution:
- Automatically satisfy FIU’s University Core Curriculum (UCC)
- Earn a maximum of 60 lower-division credits applied toward the bachelor’s degree
Visit In-State Private or Out-of-State Institutions to learn more about how we review and apply transfer credits from outside the Florida College System.
Veteran and Military Affairs.
FIU’s Veteran and Military Affairs is dedicated to assisting you and your dependents with VA educational benefits. The office is staffed with veterans who have the knowledge and experience to help you understand and meet the certification process, as well as refer you to additional services and resources you may need to thrive at FIU.
On behalf of our team, thank you and your families for your service.