Help incoming transfers. Make the transition to FIU smooth and easy.
What is the Transfer Ambassador Program (TAP)?
- The Transfer Ambassador Program is designed to pair new transfer students with current FIU students who previously transferred from another institution. The current FIU students (Transfer Ambassadors) serve as a resource and share advice from their own experiences to help make the transition easier for new transfers.
- The Transfer Ambassador Program offers resources to new transfers in both formal and informal capacities. TAP offers new transfers flexible ways to get their individual questions answered, learn their way around FIU, and understand the resources available to them.
What is the time commitment?
- TAP is designed to be a very low time commitment, and it works flexibly to meet the needs of each new student who is part of the program.
- Most of the program is facilitated through group messaging systems by which new transfer students can ask questions and get answers from their Transfer Ambassadors. It’s easy and accessible for everyone involved!
How do I sign up to be paired with a Transfer Ambassador?
- Sign-up occurs leading up to each semester. Right now, the sign up process is not available, but it will open again in November 2017.
Become a Transfer Ambassador
- If you are interested in serving as a Transfer Ambassador for Spring 2018, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.