Transfer Credits 101.
FIU accepts transfer credits from regionally accredited institutions and nationally accredited institutions that participate in Florida’s Statewide Course Numbering System (SCNS).
- 60 = Maximum number of lower-division credits applied toward the baccalaureate degree.
- 30 = Maximum number of upper-division credits applied toward the baccalaureate degree.
If you transfer with more than 60 lower-division credits or more than 30 upper-division credits, we still review all your transfer courses and equate those that meet University Core Curriculum (UCC) and major/program requirements. However, the maximum number of credits applied toward the baccalaureate degree—or graduation—is 60 (lower-division) and 90 (60 lower-division + 30 upper-division).
Florida’s Transfer Guarantees.
- AA Degree = Exempt from UCC, 60 credits applied toward graduation.
- General Education Met = Exempt from UCC, up to 60 credits applied toward graduation.
- Credit-by-Exam = Awarding of credit based on state-approved equivalencies.
- Statewide Course Numbering System: Awarding of equivalent courses under the SCNS.
For more detailed information on the State University System of Florida, Board of Governor policies for transfer students, visit: https://www.flbog.edu/universities/admissions-transfers/transfer-students/